We’ve simplified baby massage into six simple strokes. Perform each one slowly, for about a minute, using moderate pressure applied with the pads of your fingers, not the entire palm of your hand. Keep your baby cozy by turning up the heat in the room and using a soft towel to cover her exposed skin.
Before you get started, make sure you have the following gear nearby:
- A comfortable flat surface covered by a blanket or a mat
- A small amount of baby oil (olive oil works well, too)
- Tissues or paper towels to wipe up excess oil
- A soft towel or blanket to cover your baby
- A pacifier, if it’s calming for your little one
- Low lights
- Soft music
1. Lay your baby comfortably on his stomach, with his head turned to one side.